Hello and welcome back to Six for Sunday! I had a little break for the month of February; in all honesty I struggled with the prompts but I’ve loved reading everyone else’s S4S posts! Six for Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by A Little But A Lot! Today’s theme is:
An Ode To: Favourite Author(s)
- Lisa Thompson – Aside from writing one of my favourite books of all time (The Goldfish Boy), Lisa comes across as such a kind and lovely lady on social media and I’d love to get to meet her one day! I am so grateful to her too for sending me French and Spanish editions of The Goldfish Boy, which she didn’t have to do, so I really do appreciate that kindness!
- Phyllida Shrimpton – again, an author who has always been so kind and wonderful on social media! I always have felt that she takes the time to get to know her readers, and I always remember how she kindly wished me a merry Christmas last February when my friend and I did our pretend log cabin Christmas!
- Robin Stevens – aside from the fact that her books are AMAZING, I always felt touched by the fact that she knew who I was when she signed my books (I was working at the Cheltenham festival as a bookseller so unfortunately couldn’t meet her!).
- Anne Digby – I loved Anne Digby’s books growing up, especially her continuations of some of Enid Blyton’s series’, and so when she followed me on Twitter and referred to me in a few tweets about MG reviewers to follow that made me feel really good!
- Cliff McNish – again, one of my favourite authors growing up, and I really felt like a superfan as a young teenager when he signed all my books and commented on not having seen anyone else with the hardbacks! He’s such a lovely man!
- Kes Gray – apart from that fact that I’ve always loved his books, discovering Worries Go Away made me feel less alone. When he signed my copy, although I wasn’t able to meet him (again Cheltenham festival downside!) he put the most heartfelt and lovely message in it that made the book even more special to me.
I decided to go for a few authors who, by doing something that may seem small, has created memories that I still cherish. There are more that I could’ve mentioned, but these six really do stand out for me!